Newtown Primary School’s community has a strong commitment to providing an education that reflects a local and global responsibility to our environment and the awareness of sustainable practice.
WE ARE A ONE STAR SUSTAINABILITY SCHOOL!
- Sustainability across the curriculum.
- Vegie Gardens where children learn and play.
- Produce picked and cooked in class.
- Outdoor environment for learning.
- Excursions and Incursions to develop understanding.
- Nude Food, Rubbish Free, Snack and Lunch encouraged.
- Healthy Food
- Reduce packaging by buying in bulk.
- Reuse rather than throw away.
- Recycle plastic at local supermarkets rather than go to landfill.
- Newsletter: receive it on-line to reduce paper.
- Children in all year levels have sustainability leadership roles.
- Recycle paper, plastic containers, cans, cardboard and plastics to yellow bins.
- Reduction of waste, gas, electricity and paper.